Since 1921, the Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial VA Medical Center (Walla Walla VAMC) has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to Veterans living in eastern Washington and Oregon and western Idaho. We pride ourselves in giving the best care - anywhere!
A view of the Walla Walla VA Campus from a hot air balloon
(Click on the image to enlarge it)
In addition to our main facility in Walla Walla, we offer services at five community-based outpatient clinics and two telehealth clinics. These clinics are located in —
Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Mission Statement
Honor America's Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
Walla Walla VA's Mission Commitment
In addition to supporting VHA's mission, Walla Walla VAMC exists to serve the Veteran through the delivery of timely quality care by staff who demonstrate outstanding customer service, the advancement of health care through research, and the education of tomorrow's health care providers.
Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Vision Statement
- VHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing excemplary services that are both patient-centered and evidenced-based.
This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery, and continuous improvement.
It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the Nation's well-being through education, research, and service in national emergencies.
Walla Walla VA's Vision Commitment
Walla Walla VAMC will be recognized locally, regionally, and nationally as a leader in quality patient care, positive customer service, medical/allied health education, health-related research, and employment opportunities.
VA Core Values
The Walla Walla VA, as well as all of VA, are committed to adhering to these five core values to show our dedication in serving our nation's Veterans. We are pleased to share these with each of you.
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.