Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial VA Medical Center
Flu Season is Here - Get Vaccinated Today!
Fall is the start of flu season, and vaccination is the best way to protect against getting the flu, and to keep from spreading the flu to others. The flu shot is safe and effective, and you cannot get the flu from the flu shot.
Because the vaccine gets updated annually, you should get the shot each year in the fall, as soon as flu shots are available. Everyone aged 6 months and older should get the vaccine. We urge you to protect yourself and your loved ones.
The Walla Walla VA has scheduled a number of drive-through flu shot clinics started September 25. Please note that walk-in flu shots are not available at this time due to restrictions put in place for COVID-19.
Walla Walla VA (in Walla Walla, WA):
- Sept. 25 and 30 | 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Cinemark Grand Cinemas (1325 W. Poplar St.)
- Sept. 26 | 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Walla Walla Area Veterans Drive-Through Stand Down (Held at the Walla Walla VA, 77 Wainwright Drive)
La Grande VA Clinic:
- Oct. 7 and 14 | 8 – 10 a.m. | La Grande Clinic Parking Lot (202 12th St.)
Lewiston VA Clinic:
- Oct. 3 | 8 a.m. to Noon | Lewiston VA Clinic Parking Lot (1630 23rd Ave.)
- Oct. 17 and Nov. 7 | 8 – 11 a.m. | Lewiston VA Clinic Parking Lot (1630 23rd Ave.)
Richland VA Clinic:
- Oct. 9 and 23 | 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Federal Bldg. parking lot (825 Jadwin Drive)
Yakima VA Clinic:
- Oct. 7 and 21 | 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. | VFW Post #379 parking Lot (118 S. 5th Ave.)
- Oct. 9, 16, 20, 23, and 30 | 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Yakima Social Security parking lot (801 Fruitvale Blvd.)
- Oct. 17 | 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Yakima SunDome Stand Down (1301 S. Fair Ave.)
Enterprise (OR) Telehealth Clinic:
- Oct. 6 | 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Enterprise VA Telehealth Clinic Parking Lot (401 NE 1st St.)
If you are not able to make any of these drive-through clinics, contact your provider team to schedule an appointment to get the shot. Veterans enrolled in VA health care can also get flu shots in their community at:
- Other VA health care facilities,
- Community urgent care providers (in VA’s network), and
- Community pharmacies (in VA’s network).
Navigate to THIS LINK to search for any of these referenced options. Enter your zip code and then select one of the three options mentioned above. Also, review this informative FAQ fact sheet about getting flu shots in the community.
For additional information, visit VA’s National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention site on influenza. Also, consider visiting the Center for Disease Control & Prevention’s site on “Who Needs a Flu Vaccine and When” for additional information on influenza.